Cone For A Cone

No more shackles, no more chains, while in traffic, I'm set free…Yeah!

Remix. The song doesn't exactly go that way, but that's the closest tuned conclusion to a parking spot bout in front of a venue due for my attendance.

Round 1...

The detours in the city were heavier than traffic and there was an Indiana Pacers game going on. Imagine the “calmness” in my mind as I strived to be in time. To my rescue, my sista friend discovered a spot across from the venue and used her body as a cone to hold it. Yet whilst in the rushed pursuit of turning the corner to whip in the space, there was another driver just as eager. So much that they didn’t consider the body cone there to preserve.

Round 2...

As the tail end of the patron's truck prevented me from properly aligning parallel - my sista friend umpired the space between the two vehicles. Now I had what you’d call the “right away space” for about 80% occupied the spot. The other 20% was left to have time pass by, as we threw invisible blows that exhibited resilience of not moving.

Round 3...

In efforts to resolve and lower the bout gloves, I approached the patron and asked her if she would humbly honor my request to allow us to park there. She insisted with a calloused response, “You can’t save spots”. When asked humbly if she’d remove the inch of her truck, she gave the coldest shoulder by turning away with rolling eyes to face the windshield. At that point, I saw that stubbornness had gotten the best of us all, so I stated, “God bless you”, and walked away.

Final Round...

To pursue the grace I expected of her, I decided to find another spot. I preluded with prayer, and a spot became available right at the door. As I turned around to park there, the same soul who balled me out about saving spots got out of her vehicle to hold the spot so no one else would park there! Cone for a cone!

Look at God!

Be the change you want to see today, because it may set someone else’s heart free from any callous!

Selah

 Kevia Nishe' shares real-time encouragement with a mission to spread God's love, peace, and light.  You can e-mail  Kevia     Nishe  '  and follow her on Instagram  @Be_EagleFly .

Kevia Nishe' shares real-time encouragement with a mission to spread God's love, peace, and light.  You can e-mail Kevia Nishe' and follow her on Instagram @Be_EagleFly.